Ananda Chandra College Library
The Ananda Chandra College has a well established library which caters to the need of the undergraduate and post graduate students, research scholars and the faculty. It is a main source of knowledge, which is an integral and important part of our institute of higher learning. The library aims to stock all the books and periodicals that the students and faculties are expected to read and enrich literary strength. It provides a full range of high quality services based on both print and electronic media to students, teachers, non teaching staff of Ananda Chandra College and external readers from other constituent colleges. The library functions on an open access system for the faculty members and the research scholars. But the students have only a limited access. The computerization of the library using SOUL (Software for University Libraries) Software is nearing completion and shortly all standard services like acquisition, searching and lending will be computerized.
To encourage excellence in teaching, learning, research and to promote service to the users through developing and providing continuous computerized access to information resources and services, to produce high quality students we are capable of responding to present and future needs of the community.
AIM OF LIBRARY
- To develop collection of reading material useful for various courses.
- To provide full information support to the teaching-learning process in the college.
- To provide various library services and facilities to the readers.
- To support research activity for its progress and qualitative development.
- To support parent institution for developing quality of learning and teaching.
- Mon day to Friday between 6.30 am to 5.00 pm.
- Saturdays from 6.30 am to 2.45 pm.
- Library remains closed on Sundays and public holidays.
- “Study Room” is kept open from 6.30 am to 4.00 pm. On all working days.